The plugin provides the following features, among others:
- Ceylon perspective with Ceylon Explorer view
- Incremental compilation and interactive error reporting
- Inter-compilation with Java
- Run / Debug to execute on JVM or Node.js
- Powerful test framework graphical support
- Customizable syntax highlighting
- Outline view and popup outline
- Popup type hierarchy
- Error reporting in Problems view and error annotations in editor
- Reporting of
//fixin Tasks view and task annotations in editor
- Intelligent proposals
- Documentation hover
- Hyperlink navigation to declarations in Ceylon and Java
- Auto indentation and Correct Indentation
- Ceylon Repository Explorer view
- New wizards: New Ceylon Source File, New Ceylon Project, New Ceylon Module, and New Ceylon Package
- Cross-project dependencies, and support for external module repositories
- Multi-project incremental build and cross-project search, navigation, and refactoring
- Export Ceylon Module to Module Repository wizard
- Export Java Archive to Module Repository wizard
- Integration with Ceylon Herd
- Open Ceylon Declaration dialog
- Ceylon Search dialog
- Find References, Find Refinements, Find Subtypes, and Find Assignments contextual search
- Basic refactoring: Rename, Inline, Extract Value, Extract Function, and Clean Imports
- More than 30 Quick Fixes and Quick Assists!
- Configurable keyboard accelerators
- Code folding, structured compare, mark occurrences, and more...
Check out the screenshots!
Running the IDE
- Mac OS users must install Juno and make Java 7 the default
virtual machine using the
Java Preferencesapplication located in
/Applications/Utilities. It is not easy to convince Eclipse Indigo to run under Java 7 on Mac OS.
You cannot run Ceylon IDE on Java 6.
You can install Ceylon IDE (which includes the Ceylon compiler) from our Eclipse plugin update site.
Installing the latest development (unstable) IDE
If you want to try the latest build of the IDE before it is released, you have to use the development update site. Beware that this is an unstable and unfinished version.