Note: information on this page refers to Ceylon 1.2, not to the current release.
Ceylon 1.2 has been released and we've already started development of Ceylon 1.3. Being an odd-numbered release, 1.3 won't include major new language features. Instead, the goals of the 1.3 release include:
- Rebasing the compiler on Java 8, including use of new features of the Java 8 platform.
- Full support for Android.
- An IntelliJ-based IDE for Ceylon, along with a rewrite of much of Ceylon IDE in Ceylon.
- Improvements to the Gradle plugin for Ceylon.
- Support for overriding module dependencies in the Ceylon module
descriptor, and deprecation of the existing
- Interoperation with npm, including support for depending
directly on NPM packages in
- Typesafe interoperation with TypeScript in Ceylon JS.